Caller ID lookups in unlisted phone book

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aw_th, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aw_th

Hi There,

We have a few dozen Yealink 46G phones running on 3CX PBX, and I was curious if the following is possible:

The caller ID data we receive from the telco is only the number, not the name information.
    We have a number of clients and members of the public who frequently call our offices.
    Is it possible to enter their information in a phonebook, WHICH WILL NOT BE VIEWABLE in the company phonebook on our yealink phones?
    i.e. When regular caller Joe McClient calls from 333-1234, instead of just saying "333-1234", the phone instead says "Joe McClient, 333-1234"

I know I can add an entry for "Joe McClient" in the "company phonebook" (3cx mgmt console> Settings > Company Phonebook > Add), but then this allows all of the inhouse employees see 'Joe McClient' listed in the directory on their phone, which I would like to avoid as I'll be adding a list of about 50 or so names/numbers.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that this question hasn't come up in the past (that I can recall). Perhaps that means that there is a solution.
    I use the phone-book for the sole purpose of adding, or changing the name displayed to the sets. For 3CX users that do not use an access prefix, in other words, can re-dial a number using the same digits as shows on the display, a combination directory will work just fine. For those of us that would like to modify the name, and perhaps add a prefix digit, not so much. There almost needs to be two directory lists (or an option choice beside each entry as to it's purpose), one to send to the sets, for outbound calls, and one, which is simply used to modify the caller ID received, both name and number if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.