Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller ID missing on call forward to outside number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by elliptical, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elliptical

Hi,

I'm using the latest 7.1 and have setup VOIP which is picking up the caller id perfectly but when I set the line to forward to my mobile I get anonymous come up everytime on my mobile. Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Many thanks
    Brendan

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    I think it's because of your provider
    and I think it can not solve

3. worksighted

worksighted New Member

When you forward the call via 3CX you will not have the Caller ID of the original Caller but rather your Caller ID from 3CX.

Best,

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. elliptical

Thanks for the replies. I understand the mechanics but it's a solution/option that I would like to see unless mobile networks allow a SIP client on a blackberry...

Brendan

5. mhanson

mhanson New Member

I believe this is not an option at this time. I know alot of people are interested in this though, perhaps it will be implemented down the line, but I think that right now the ability to pass that ID is limited by software at the moment. I dont think any system currently has that ability.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

This is possible - through use of "Diversion" header in SIP Invite.

Snom has a good explanation of this on their wiki: http://wiki.snom.com/Call_Diversion.

Consider placing a vote for this feature request if you would like to get this feature in 3CX:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/keep-caller-id-on-forward-to-external-number-9248.html

Regards,

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That would still ONLY work if your outgoing line (to your mobile) is a VoIP provider NOT a PSTN line AND if they allow you to substitute another number, outgoing ,for the one that you got when you bought the service. I'm sure that many VoIP providers would not allow this as it could be used for spamming as you could make any number you want appear on a persons call display device.

8. ciscotech2007

With forwarding 3CX has to make an outbound call to your forward destination. It must control that forward and still maintain the original call. 3CX is the moderator in this situation.

9. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Sorry but this is totally wrong. Please read o.mascia's excellent description of how this works with ISDN here: http://www.3cx.com/forums/keep-caller-id-on-forward-to-external-number-9248.html.

Good PSTN Gateways and VoIP providers support Call Diversion and I think that 3CX should do it too.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.