Caller ID Modification?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hashkent, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hashkent

I'm currently using Asterisk but want to move to 3cx for its shared line appearances in the future.

Something I've not figured out how to do is modify the caller ID? There seems to not be any way to modify the caller ID sent to IP phones? For example at the moment I have incoming calls prefixed (e.g adding text, e.g "MAIN NUMBER:")

On my IP phones display, it shows:
    MAIN NUMBER: 07XXXXXXX
    07XXXXXXX

This way I know if its a direct call (e.g DIRECT: 07XXXXXXX) or coming from the main number...

This is currently the only thing holding me back from 3cx!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

At the bottom of the page, for each trunk that you create, there is a check box for reformatting the caller ID. Check that and you will get some options.See if those do what you are looking for.

Sorry, I re-read and realized that you were just trying to add a name. What I had suggested won't do that.

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

What is it you want to be able to do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. hashkent

I want to be able to label or tag incoming calls based on the DID called.

For example if its a direct call on my direct number I want it tagged as direct, if its a call from our main advertised number I want it tagged accordingly. For example I want to have two brands in the future and want to know which brand the customer called.

I currently use "CID name prefix:" in FreePBX to do this and its one of the only thing holding me back as its important to me to be able to modify the caller ID name or prefix presented to me.

5. hashkent

Also what happens if your the member of two queues, say one sales, the other accounts?

How do you know from the caller ID display which queue the call came from?

6. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Settings / General / Global Options / Append Group and DID names to Caller ID on/off

That should do what you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.