Caller ID Names

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nateb, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nateb

I have a audiocodes mp-118 fxo, grandstream phones.
    Caller ID Phone number shows properly on my phones. The name to whom the number is registered doesn't show.
    I setup wireshark on my 3CX Server, if i capture the packets, I can see the packet actually has the correct information in it, it shows name and phone number, but the name never comes through to the phone. Is this a limitation on the 3CX Software?
    Or has anyone found out how to fix this? Other than adding the number to a phonebook entry on the local phone receiving the call?

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Version 3 (and 3.1) doesn't support caller name, it is implemented in version 4 though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nateb

version 4

If i'm only running 10 extensions, would you recommend upgrading and testing out version 4? Is it stable enough?

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Version 4 is stable enough, but I afraid that DB upgrade/import procedures are not so reliable. But if you don't mind manually re-create your settings - it worth to try :) In any case, save your settings to have ability to restore back in the case you don't like V4.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nateb

Thanks

I will try it this weekend. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.