Caller ID Nextiva

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daneke, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daneke

I'm trying everything to make my caller ID correct. The main number is right, but using any of our other numbers gets "forbidden by administrator." I've tried p-asserted identity and nothing works.

Is anyone using nextiva with more than one number on a trunk

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you get "forbidden", it suggests that your provider does not allow you to change outgoing caller ID to anything other than a number you are authorized to use. Many providers do this to prevent spoofing. They probably only allow sending your "main" number, and any DID numbers that you have purchased from them. Contacting them would confirm this.

3. daneke

The numbers are registered with them

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Then they will be able to tell you why you are getting the forbidden message. Obviously there is something (number/format) that they do not like.

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  5. daneke

Dave Reynolds from Nextiva reached out and his excellent technical expert Katheryn worked with me and they changed the pilot number so the main number reports fine. We still can't caller-ID for the other lines but at least it's up. I'm happy and recommend Nextiva.

6. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

That's a pretty low bar to be happy with seeing as how they can't get other caller-ids to work but as long as you are happy. Can they at least tell you what SIP header field they are looking for the caller-id in? Typically you will need to send your SIP/Auth ID in one field (for authorization) and then your caller-id in another field. They should be able to tell you which fields are needed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. daneke

I got the main number working. I bet in a month or so I get the others as well. They look for P-Asserted Identity. 3CX offers 3, host, custom, and user part. I'll mess around and solve it. I like the company and their people.

8. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

That's the point. You shouldn't have to 'mess around'. They should tell you to put the caller-id in P-Asserted Identity: User Part and then you make the change and be done. Something like the below. Nextiva.JPG

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. daneke

The call goes through but even with that setting, it shows the pilot number only.

I ported the numbers off analog so no more forbidden message just no number other than this piilot. Thanks for the help

#9 daneke, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  10. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Do you have the DID listed as the CID for the extension you are calling out from? And are you putting the CID in numeric only format? Typically you would put the pilot or main number as the CID on the trunk and then if you wanted certain extensions to show their DID you put that as the CID in the extension settings. If the CID is blank at the extension setting then it will show the pilot number. If you turn on verbose logging you should be able to confirm in the SIP headers that you are pushing out the desired CID. You can get fancier with outbound CID but that is the easiest setup.

11. daneke

I'll just get another trunk from another provider and move those lines over there. I've spent enough time. I want redundant trunks anyway and this just pushes in that direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.