Caller ID no longer shows up in email sent

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by webguyz, Aug 29, 2007.

1. webguyz

webguyz New Member

Noticed I no longer get the Caller ID field in the email that gets sent when you have a voicemail. I checked some older emails (before I upgraded to most current version) and the caller id info was there.

Did something change with this feature?

Thanks!
    WebGuyz

2. webguyz

webguyz New Member

Am I the only one who does not get Caller Id number in the email that gets sent for a voicemail notification?

Does anyone successfully get that field?

Thanks!

3. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

No. Now that you mentioned it and I checked, I have the same issue but since I do not have an answer :oops: I am just monitoring the thread. Since you asked, I am confirming that its not just you.

4. webguyz

webguyz New Member

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. Was working fine until latest upgrade. Maybe 3CX could verify it. Its one of those things you don't notice until your looking for it.

Thanks!

5. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Mine is working on v3.1.2434. Did I miss an upgrade :?:

For example my incoming PSTN line (which comes via my SPA-3102) goes to extn 102 which is configured to take a message. The message is then e-mailed to my mobile phone (as an attachment) which alerts me (via push e-mail).

The e-mail message looks like:

Subject: New Voicemail for Ext 102
    Attachment: VoiceMessage 1.wav (61k)

You have got 1 new message in your voicemail box

# Caller ID Date/Time Duration (seconds)
    1 07xxxxxxx 01 Sep 2007 19:53 2.8

So in my case 07xxxxxx is the incoming caller ID presented correctly.

Silly question, but I suppose the caller ID is being passed correctly by your ATA? (Mirzab: You use SPA3102 I believe? Occasionally mine misses the caller ID, probably because I have too many analogue phones on the same PSTN line). If caller ID is decoded correctly mine always shows in the SPA3102 'last PSTN caller' and in 3cx logs.

Chris

6. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I will take a closer look over the weekend but to be honest I never really cared much if the Caller ID came through on email since I would be listening to message anyway, called ID was important for me only at the instant a call was incoming for call screening and proper answering. And I am hoping the caller name display will be fixed soon also. As far as the email side went I never actually paid any attention until it was mentioned here, so only now am I thinking about it. And yes, I have an SPA3102 with occasionally glitchy CID, will sometimes only send through a partial, otherwise I do like it.

7. webguyz

webguyz New Member

I double checked my logs and the source phone number is in there. I tested by making calls to my grandstream HT 386 and out of 10 calls I received 10 caller id's on the analog phone itself. But every time I don't pick up and let it roll to voicemail there is nothing in caller id field.

Wonder what else can cause this. Running v3.1.2434.0

8. novastar

Same problem here, unbelievable that there ain't a solution yet for this problem. Although 3CX is a great PBX, fast support and some really mandatory options aren't available (yet) that makes this PBX not mature enough for serious business.

9. webguyz

webguyz New Member

I was going to re-install but decided to wait and see if V4 comes out any time real soon. Listening to the wav file I can figure it out so its not totally impossible but you have to listen to the wav file. Before I could look at the number and if it was recognized as a friend I could answer it later.