• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID not being passed onto mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejor

Customer
Reaction score
I've gone back though the forums and can find similar posts but nothing specifically dealing with this issue. It may be that this just won't work but I'd see if any other members have dealt with a similar issue. This is using 3CX version 11.

I've recently put the ring my mobile option onto one extension. This extension is part of a ring group. Calls to the extensions in the ring group display the outside callers name/number correctly. Calls to the ring group do ring the mobile as they should.

However... the callers Caller ID is not passed to the mobile, only the assigned number of the outgoing phone line.

Now...the outgoing line is VoIP, and they do allow the caller ID number to be changed as I have verified by changing an extension number to display/i], and it is passed onto the called party, rather than the assigned VoIP line number.

There are the bare minimum options in the trunk settings for the VoIP line, just enough to register, and basic settings in the ring group and extension. There is no ring group name being added.

It is calls to the ring group that I'm concerned about, not calls directly to the extension number, with the ring my mobile option.

Has anyone had any success on getting this sort of thing to work, or am I wasting my time?

Hi,

Change in Outbound Parameters: “From : User Part” into “OriginatorCallerID” Original Caller number will be sent.
This will do what you want it to do.

Thanks. I had a feeling that it was something to do with those parameters but wasn't sure if involving a ring group would have any bearing on it working. I will try changing that tonight. I had never had a need to do any call forwarding though the PBX previously.

Changing the "FROM: USER PART" to something other than the AuthID may break connectivity to some VoIP Providers. Be sure to test this thoroughly.

craigreilly said:
Changing the "FROM: USER PART" to something other than the AuthID may break connectivity to some VoIP Providers.
As far as I know has the “From : User Part” nothing to do with AuthID.
You use “From : User Part” only for sending a Caller ID to the VoIP provider.
AuthID is used to register the Trunk with the VoIP Provider.

Not a problem with registrations - but a problem with calls.
I had this very issue with only being able to make calls on 1 account to a provider but had 2 separate registrations with different account numbers.
We realized that the wrong account id was being sent by 3cx...

The only way to fix it was to use AuthID in the From:User field.
I am not saying every VoIP provider has this issue - but it may be out there - beware.

This is just a single line VoIP account. I know enough to change things back if it "breaks' something else. I will post the results here.
But thanks for all of the information.

LJ, I have seen you have a lot of experience with 3cx.Didn't mean to question your ability.
A simple Caveat :)

Good luck.

complex1...
That did the trick...and so far, no detrimental "side effects".
Thanks

leejor,

I am pleased to be at your service.

I spoke too soon, It doesn't work from numbers I'm doing test calls from today. still passing on the VoIP line's billing number. I will have to "play around" with it this evening.

After some experimentation, I discovered that it is the field:

Remote Party ID-Calling Party-User Part
that had to be changed to "OriginatorCallerID" Original caller number will be sent

Hopefully there will be no repercussions, fingers crossed.

Interesting as I do use the other field in most installations. Must be provider specific :D

Leejor,

I am glad this setting work for you.
I have tried your settings but that doesn’t work for me.
All incoming calls passed now as Anonymous calls on my cellphone.
I stick with my settings ( if you don’t mind ;) )

Regards.

hello,
please advice about voip providers support transfer caller id
in USA and Swiss
Thank you

complex1 said:
Hi,

Change in Outbound Parameters: “From : User Part” into “OriginatorCallerID” Original Caller number will be sent.
This will do what you want it to do.

I am sorry but this didn't work for me... if one extension calls a mobile number the number doesn't popup in the cell phone..

Is there any solution for this ??

Cheers
Paul

pstmg said:
if one extension calls a mobile number the number doesn't popup in the cell phone..

I assume that any forwarded, outside, or "ring my mobile at the same time " numbers are showing as correct?
What number does show, when an extension calls, the main billing number? It may be all well and good that your mobile gets an extension number showing, but to any other called party, it would not make sense, or do you mean the DID number? Have you tried putting anything in the number to display field, in the extension settings?

Well the point is everything runs ok except when a call is diverted from a non registed extension to a cell phone. The number that pops-up is the company general number and not the caller id. I've tried to change the settings in 3cx but calls become anonymous without any number presented!!
Is it possible to send caller id's trough a voip provider??

Thank you

Hi Paul,

Is it possible to send caller id's trough a voip provider??
This depend if your VoIP provider allows it or not. Some do, some don’t.
I think your provider allows it, because if you change settings in 3CX calls become anonymous. If I understand your post well.

I have done a small test.
If I call a non-registered extension which have also the status “Out of Office” and is setup with “Send call to my mobile number” (NOT Ring my extension and my mobile at the same time) my mobile show the incoming number.
If I call the same non-registered extension and the call comes from an internal extension my mobile show what is in the “Outbound Caller ID” field of that extension.

So, I think I may say 3CX handle forwarding Caller ID’s well.

Hello complex1

Thanks for your reply. So could you be so kind and let me know what configuration should I put in the 'outbound' tab???

Regards
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.