Caller ID of voip provider or name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pete-TPP, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete-TPP

I have 13 incomping lines. On my granstream I can only see the id of the one who is calling me and not the id of the voip provider thay are calling to. How can I use the two text lines in the screen. One with caller number (Like it is now) one with the name of the line that is being called (insted of the number of the one who calls again, I do not need to see this number twice) Thnx.
    Peter

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

You can add a trunk name which will then display in the caller ID name field. Or you could send each trunk into a Ring Group and enable Group and Queue names to be added to caller ID name to get it to display.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pete-TPP

Dear Kerry, thnx for the fast reply. That last thing worked fine but the text is too long to fit the screen. So I see in first line: 0123456789 ringroup: (and then the first two letters of the ringgroup) and in the second line the number 0123456789 again. Do you have another suggestion?

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

It actually prints out the word "RingGroup:"? I haven't seen that before, if its doing that its new in the current update, I will have to check my system today, mine shows Kerry: Home: Photo: etc not RingGroup: Home:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Pete-TPP

Excuse me, I checked and filled in the name Ringgroup myself in namedescription :). Sorry... That is why it is displayed. I used that to identify different variables.

6. Pete-TPP

But still one small problem. In the first line it displays the numer as well as the text. How can I exclude the number in the first line?

7. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

You can't that I know of.

8. Pete-TPP

Thank you for your help. Maybe someelse knows about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.