• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID on Forward to External Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmigliozzi

Reaction score
I see a lot of posts on this issue and was hoping to get some specific information on whether v8 supports this and if so how to implement it. To briefly explain I have several extensions that have forward to external number configured. Any call that hits that extension is forwarded to an external number. The caller id showing on the incoming call to the forwarded number is the number of our phone system and not from the originating caller.

Please let us all know if its possible to do this or not with v8.

Whether this works or not will also depend on your VoIP provider (I'm assuming that your outgoing calls are going VoIP) allowing you to change the caller ID from that of number that you are paying them for. Some will, but many (most?) won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.