• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID on forwarded calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvdir

Reaction score
Hi all

We have an extension, which is set to forward calls to a mobile number after 10s when it's status is "available". This extension has a specific DID set as outbound callerid.

When the extension is set to "available", and a forwarded call reaches the mobile, the main number is shown as callerid.

When we set the extension to "away", and configure the "away" status to forward to mobile, the correct outbound callerid is shown.

We tested on both v15.5SP4 and SP5, both on Windows.

Is there a way to show the outbound callerid in both scenario's?

Thanks!

Hi tvdir,

You can override the outbound setting on your trunk so that the caller ID field is set to originator caller ID.

However bear in mind you will require a SIP or ISDN carrier that allows you to send any number outbound as you are effectively spoofing the orignal callers ID when forwarding on the call.

Hi V..

That's not the issue. We have a range of 20 numbers at the same provider, and I want to use one one of them as callerid (not the main number), so I'm not spoofing.

The issue is that 3CX ignores the "OutBoundCallerID" when when "After timeout forward external calls to:" is configured on the "Available" profile. It works fine when "After timeout forward external calls to:" is used on the "Away" profile.

Nobody ever had this issue?

When the extension is set to "available", and a forwarded call reaches the mobile, the main number is shown as callerid.

When the extension in question places a "normal" outgoing call, what number is sent as caller ID? the "main" number, or a DID number assigned to the extension? If the extension does not have an outbound Caller ID datafilled, you might try putting in a number, and see if that gets passed on, in place of the main number.

I'm thinking that , for whatever reason, when the set has rung, then the call is forwarded, the caller Id is the same as if the set placed a call rather than passing on the originators caller ID. This may be something that was "overlooked", or, it may be intentional, for some reason. Someone at 3CX would have to comment

When the extension in question places a "normal" outgoing call, what number is sent as caller ID? the "main" number, or a DID number assigned to the extension?
When the extension places a normal call, his correct callerid (did assigned as outbound callerid) is sent.

That does not seem to be consistent then. If the DID number were sent when the set were "available" and the callers number sent when "away", then that is one issue. the fact that the main number is sent when "away' may mean that there is an outbound trunk setting that might require changing. This may still not achieve what you want, the original caller number being passed when the set is in either state.

Hello @tvdir

Please note that what you are experiencing is the intended behaviour. These are 2 different scenarios so the behaviour between the 2 is different. If you would like this behaviour to change i would suggest creating a feature request in our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

This may still not achieve what you want, the original caller number being passed when the set is in either state.
What I'm trying to achieve, is that in both cases, the number set as "outbound callerid" is shown. I don't want to show the original caller number, because then I would be spoofing.

Hello @tvdir

Please note that what you are experiencing is the intended behaviour. These are 2 different scenarios so the behaviour between the 2 is different. If you would like this behaviour to change i would suggest creating a feature request in our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.
Ok, I'll post this in the Ideas forum.

Sorry, I misread your original post. Most users want the originators number to be sent, as it shows who is calling as opposed to who is forwarding the call. And, yes, while technically "spoofing" (you seem to infer it is a bad thing), it is permitted by many providers so that the person answering a forwarded call knows who is calling. It is also required to show a DID number associated with an extension.
The same thing happens, if you use a phone companies call forward service, on your home(or business) phone line, the originators number is passed on, not your home number.

Reactions: craigreilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicolasAunixo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.