Caller ID on forwarding calls to extenal numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by smarteruk, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smarteruk

Hi

I might be missing something, but how does one set the Caller ID for forwarded calls to external numbers?

Cheers
    Richard

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    I think it's Impossible to forward caller id to external pstn call
    if forward to external voip call 3CX Can forward a preset number (like outgoing caller id)
    but I hope in near future 3CX SYSTEM can send caller id with forward to external voip calls
    please support http://www.3cx.com/forums/keep-pstn-caller-id-on-forward-from-voip-to-voip-10535.html

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sending out your your own number, even to a VoIP provider will all depend on whether or not your provider allows it. Because of the possible abuse, spoofing of numbers, possible illegal activity,prank calls, a lot are reluctant to send out anything but the number(s) that you have registered against your account. About the only way to guarantee the callers number forwarded through is to use the call forward feature of your phone company on that line. I know it can be done from a PRI PBX over at T1.

4. smarteruk

I have a main number with my VoIP trunk provider, and then 20 DDIs. I am forwarding a DDI number onto a mobile and the caller ID is showing the main number and not the DDI, is it possible to set either the DDI number or a name?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you asked your provider if they will allow you to send them and have them display a number other than your main number?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.