Caller ID on Forwarding External Call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by advlaser, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. advlaser

We'd like to forward the caller id of an incoming call when the user has call forwarding on.

As it is, when an external call is received and forwarded to a mobile phone, the recipient (mobile) gets the phone number of the office (pbx), not the phone number of the call originator. Is there a way to forward along the original caller id? Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First off, your VoIP provider has to allow the number to be passed on (some don't). You might want to confirm with them if you haven't tried changing outgoing caller ID before. If they do allow it, you may have to tweak some of the outbound trunk settings. Make sure you have a copy of the original settings, as changes may cause other undesirable results, that are not immediately apparent.

This was what I went through to get it to work, but, different providers may require different settings...

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/caller-id-not-being-passed-onto-mobile.40795/

3. advlaser

Thanks leejor - So in the end, you changed
    "From: User Part" and "Remote Party ID-Calling Party-User Part" to "OriginatorCallerID" ??
    I realize this will be dependent on my voip provider (Birch/cBeyond).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In my case, yes. But, as you can see, others did things differently. You may need to experiment, but, as I said, make note of the original settings.
    As a quick test, to see if you can change the outgoing CID (if you haven't confirmed yet), is to put a number in an extension "number to be displayed" field. If that actually shows-up the the (outside) called party set, then you know that you are on the right track.

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Other method is to use '302 diversion header' in extension forwarding profiles, found in version 14 and earlier, but not in version 15. Also the provider must support diversion header method, it is in other words to forward calls via provider (not through PBX, which needs 2 channels).The benefit is also no channels or simultaneous calls license counts are used during the call itself, only one channel / 1 simultaneous calls license count during call setup phase only.

6. advlaser

I've recently (yesterday) switched to V15. Thankfully the upgrade went smoothly. We tried back in October and had incompatability issues with our Plantronics headsets. Now that seems to be resolved.

I tried changing “From : User Part” into “OriginatorCallerID” as well as "Remote Party ID-Calling Party-User Part ". In both cases I got the following error.

Call or Registration to 4043589999@(Ln.10000@Birch new) has failed.
    72.6.244.1 replied: 404 Not found; from IP:72.6.244.1:5060
    (IP addresses and phone numbers changed to protect the innocent)
    Can you think of anything else to try?

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Your provider will be more helpful in this case. Give them a call and ask them if they accept different caller id's and if they do ask them in which sip field do they expect to see this value. then go and make the appropriate changes. Experimenting with outbound parameters could break the ability to call out entirely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.