Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller ID on internally transferred calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by us1, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. us1

us1

When the receptionist answers a call, it is transferred to another internal extension. Should the person not answer, the call goes to voicemail and the recipient receives an email. However, the caller ID is that of the person transferring the call and NOT that of the original caller. How do we change this behavior such that, once the person transferring the call hangs up, the caller ID is now that of the original caller?

I have opened a support ticket with 3cx but I received the usual "replicate and submit wireshark trace". A simple how-to is all I am asking.

Thanks.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @us1

How is the transfer made? Is it a blind transfer or an attended transfer? If the call is forwarded using a blind transfer then you should receive the originator caller ID in the voicemail notification. If you are using an attended transfer then voicemail notification will not include the originator caller ID. This cannot be changed. I am not familiar with your ticket but the engineer probably wants to see the configuration of the PBX and the type of forward used and what else might be causing this behaviour to change.

3. us1

us1

As of right now, they are attended transfers. Ideally they want to able to transfer the calls directly to voicemail using a combination of BLF and softkey (they had this on their Cisco system) but that is a different topic.

Thank you for the response. This is what I was looking for from support.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad i could assist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.