Caller ID on SPA 941 or 921

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ken19net, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken19net

Hi,

We have a problem with our ip phone(spa941/921) not displaying the queue name or the DID name but on softphone, like xlite or 3cx phone,the queue name appears.
    ok..here's the set-up.

We have callcentric as our voip provider with 3 DID number. The incoming call from these number will pass through the Queue and will receive by one extension only. Each DID number will have a separate Queue's.
    Our aim is to have one agent answer the call. He or she should know what queue the call is coming from using the ip phone.

How should we configure our IP phone(spa94/921) to display the queue name. Is the name too long for the phone to display or the phone itself is not capable to do that?

TIA,

Ken

2. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Hi Ken

I dont have a 941 but I do have a 942 somewhere in the office so will look in the morning.

I think the phone doesnt scroll the name and so it is off the screen. Try to change 3cx to Prepend the name rather than append (I believe append is by default) so the name shows up first then the caller id. I think that should work.

Also if the agent has MyPhone on his desktop it will show the queue name there (And pop it up) which should help him/her also.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ken19net

Hi Mark,

Tried your suggestion it didn't work. The ip phone still displays "anonymous caller"
    By the way, we are using 3cx version v8.0.10824.716. The default was prepend so we change it to append it still displays "anonymous caller" on ip phone but there was a change in caller id format for sofphones which i think it worked for softphone.
    I would be thankful if you could check it with your 942 to see if it is possible to display the queue name.

thanks,

ken

4. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I checked and the 942 shows the queue name.

Maybe you need to change the firmware on that phone?

Also might want to run a wireshark to see what the INVITE to the 941 from 3cx is saying under the Contact ID or Remote Party ID as the display name.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

See the attached. You can add the name to identify the queue as I gave done. Simply replace the name I have entered with whatever you want and then set the caller ID mask to the number you want the system to screen and then direct to the queue of interest.

Upon seeing the caller id mask, the system will append the name you have entered and then send to the phone. There are a number of post on the forum also showing this. The only questions are:

1. Are you certain that you are getting a callerID number from the provider?
    2. I do not have the same version of 3CX as you are running and I guess it possible that perhaps what I am showing was not available then.

Attached Files:

6. ken19net

@Mark
    i updated the ip phone to 5.x.x.x, latest version, from 4.x.x.x still no luck.
    i run wireshark :shock: ..i dont know how to use or interpret the results.

@ lneblett
    Ive tried this too. It didn't worked.

1. I'm not really sure if our provider can get a caller id. For now we are trying to get our hardphone to display the queue/group name from 3cx.
    2. 3cx version 8 has this feature, the inbound rules, although the interface is a bit different i guess it has same function as the latest 3cx.

We are going to run some more test if all else fail, Ill just install 3cx phone on their desktop.
    We were thinking of using linux as our desktop that's why we wanted this to work.

7. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Ken

Send the wireshark capture to mark.shehan at premiervoip dot com and I will look at it for you

8. ken19net

Thanks Mark for the help. I think we'll be sticking with our last option and that is to install 3cx phone on their desktop.

9. markshehan

markshehan New Member

You can also let them use MyPhone and install it to the desktop. Then they will see the information on the pop up and still use the 941

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.