• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

caller id on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftermarket

Reaction score
ok heres the plan each room in the house has vista media center running for tv, films, music etc.. now what i'd like to happen would be when a call comes in via 3cx for this to be displayed on the screen. is this possible?

We're on the same boat. We use a home-built home theater PC to drive our living room 61" and act as the dvd player, gaming console, and media server for the whole house (with extenders and other PCs scattered about). I currently have Gizmo5, and when a call comes in, and one is watching TV on Vista Media Center (MC), one has to scramble to minimize MC and click on the answer button on gizmo5 since it comes up behind MC. Right now we're using a tablet pc sitting on an end table as the main house phone, but it'd be nice if we could easily answer incoming calls with the media center remote.

I know this may sound trivial, but when my wife is watching TV and feeding the baby, it's important to make answering an incoming call as easy as possible. Are there plans to integrate your 3cx software into vista media center, or at the very least make it pop up over the media center interface?

I've already tried Zoiper with the always-on top option turned on, and it didn't work.

Thanks,

EPC

hello!! the reason in fact for the caller id is that every room in the house uses vista media center to watch tv, dvd music etc... so it looks like we are in the same boat. the main reason for wanting the id to come up on screen is that when we're in the cinema room and the lights are off, you cant see the screen of the ip phone as its not back lite. i did try the 3cx call assitant and that worked well in allowing a small pop up to appear which displayed the number however its still a pain if you wanted to answer it (not that i need that bit). i had to uninstall the call assistant as for somereason it stopped 3cx from working correctly although that could of been due to the amount of system wide changes that was made on the server that day.

when you say you answer the call via the computer i take it your running soft phones on each extender?

No, i'm not running softphones on each extender (i don't even know if that's possible). Right now I'm just using the 61" living room TV on a vista PC and a small 7" winxp tablet as the softphones. I might branch it out to another computer in the office and the laptops, but the living room TV is really the focal point. I'd be nice if my wife coud just pause whateve she's watching and talk through the TV. We can use a bluetooth headset, and can speakerphone with the tv speakers and array mics, but i'm just trying to make the process of answering a call easier.

Well, i should say that the process works with the Gizmo5 software. I'm now trying to figure out how to configure th 3cx voip phone to log on to my Gizmo account directly, but i'm not having much luck. I'm not sure what they mean by "extension" and internal IP, etc.

if you want to do that install the soft phone on the pc that powers your plasma then add a mic and that should do what you want then you want have to mess around with the tablet. you can get a program that remaps the media center remote to do anything on a pc. you could remap it to the answer button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.