Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller ID Outbound Rule

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by creative3, Mar 28, 2018.

Caller ID Outbound Rule 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. creative3

Allow presenting different caller ID's as an outbound rule.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. timmbo

Hi,

we need this Feature too, but i´m not sure if the Feature supports it.
    What we need for our customers(OUTBOUND Call-Centers) is the possibility to set the Number what was said from the Orderer not ours.
    Right now they uses the CPBX and we wanna to get them switched to 3CX.
    At the CPBX they work with Prefixes, let´s say Prefix 00038 is for our own number with DDI 38, so i can choose what DDI will be taken at the outbound Call. Or with Prefix 00073 a number(DDI) from the Orderer will be taken, because the Call-Center don´t say "Here is Call-Center xyz and we wanna something from you", they say "Here is Company abc and you are satisfied with our products" or so, they call in the name from the Orderer, thats why the number from the orderer has to be shown.

I think the easiest way would be if i can choose the Outbound CallerID in the Outbound-Rules itself, because here i can set the Prefix and so this outbound rule would be taken.

Bye
    Timm

4. TP_

TP_

5. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

The only way, today, this can be done is by changing the outbound caller ID of the extension about to place the call. This can be accomplished either through a stand-alone application or via a CFD application that prompts for the phone number to be dialed. I don't think either approach is perfect but it can be done. I encourage you to take a look at our 3CX Caller ID application for one example of how this could be done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...