Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller ID over a bridge

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brightside, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brightside

Hello
    I am trying to get the originator caller id to traverse a bridge on inbound calls. My slave end of the bridge is using the master sip trunk for inbound and outbound calls, the slave does not have a trunk or gateway of its own. My current route is a DID points at a dummy extension on the master, the dummy extension forwards to an external number which is actually the three digit extension targeted on the slave. outbound rules on the master point all three digit calls(the master uses 4 digit extensions) to the bridge. inbound and outbound work as desired with the exception of caller id. all inbound calls forwarded to the slave show the originator callers name but the callers number shows up as the masters caller id. The funny thing is that I believe all my sip headers are set to correctly forward the originator caller id because if I forward to an external number that isn't across the bridge the correct caller id is shown. does anyone have any experience with this? any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

did you get this worked out? we are looking at connecting a remote site that will have a trunk of its own - but if anyone in main office transfers a call to them, I want the correct thing to show up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. schut

Same, I see the user-name, but the Caller-ID is indeed the trunk-identifier (e.g. 10080 for one of my bridged 3CX PBX)

Is there any work-around / way to fix this ?

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

On the inbound/outbound parameters of the voip provider try changing the from user part to "orginator caller id".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.