Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller ID should show 'Company' name of contact if no first/last name exists

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by qdos1, Apr 6, 2017.

Caller ID should show 'Company' name of contact if no first/last name exists 5 5 6votes
5/5, 6 votes

1. qdos1

Where a contact is entered as a company rather than an individual we have entered just the Company field for the contact, not a first or last name. In this instance 3CX only displays the phone number rather than the company name. It would be good therefore if the caller ID could show the Company name in instances where no first or last name exists for any given contact.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Why not just put the company name in the first name field? It's empty from the sounds of it.

3. WolfgangOne

As one example, we imported all of the contacts from our CRM into 3CX. It already included significant tweaking of the CSV, but as an additional step, I had to copy the company names all over into the first name field.

... Also because I'm just a little OCD and the company name belongs in the dang company name field. :F

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I suppose it would not be that difficult to specify in the software that if first and last name fields are empty, then use company name, but then ...I don't write the code. You'd have to submit as a feature suggestion in the Ideas forum and see how it goes over.

https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas.57/

5. WolfgangOne

Well... That's why we're here. This is the ideas thread for exactly that. :p I was just adding my voice to the OP's request, and responding as to why your earlier suggestion was less than optimal.

And I have some programming experience, and at its simplest, this really shouldn't be terribly difficult to accomplish. But, I have no clue as to the difficulty level of programming for 3CX, so who knows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry, my bad. I hit the notification link next to my name in the upper right, so I didn't pay attention to which forum it took me to. And yes, if you are filling in the phone-book from an existing database, then all fields may not be populated.