Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller ID should transmit the original Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

In US can we trasmit the caller ID of the calling party?

example. I call our office using my mobile phone 6889000 and the office number is 6887000 i input the extension number of the person i want to reach but that person is not on his desk so the call was send to his mobile via rebound the caller ID should show on the extension i'm calling should be 6889000 not 6887000 which is the PRI of the office.

How can i achieve this anyone tried this one?

Thanks,

STASH

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

By extension, do you mean , his mobile?

If so, it all depends, if the call is routed to a mobile (or any "outside" number, then it is logical that your office number would show up as the call is being placed on a PRI trunk with that billing number. When you place any other outside calls, what does the called party see for caller ID, the main number, or a 10 digit DID number?

Some provider allow outgoing numbers on a PRI to be changed, others do not. You need to confirm this before you continue as it may not be possible with your service.

3. stash

stash New Member

Hi leejor,

No not per extension. Since my outbound caller ID is on the Patton Gateway.
    I already ask my telco if they can send number that is not part of the Trunk/PRI.
    Is there a way to achieve this functionalty?

Thanks,

STASH

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not quite clear.

Have you confirmed, that any outbound call, made by an extension, shows a DID number (the extension number is a part of the number displayed at the called parties phone), or does the called party always see your "main" number?

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Normally the caller's number is notified as 'A-number', the called number is notified as 'B-number' and final external destination is notified as 'C-number' (call been forwarded to 'C' or transferred by 'B').

Most providers worldwide will not allow transmitting of 'A-number' to 'C' party, instead of this 'C' will see 'B' number (e.g. 'B' is extension's caller-id, while 'C' is the user mobile number). Sending 'A-number' is achieved by setting 'Originating Caller-ID' into outgoing parameters settings for providers in 3CX system. If you set 'extension caller-ID', 'C' party will see the 'B-number', i.e. the number called by 'A' party.

If your provider is supporting '302 diversion header' (rarely), you will be able to transfer the 'A-number', something more - using '302 diversion header', if possible, will not use 3CX call license for forwarded calls (this method is also called 'call forwarding by provider').

Hope these explanations bring some clarity.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. stash

stash New Member

Hi eagle,

You explained it right. So i need to ask my telco if they are supporting 302 diversion header. In this case if my provider can support this they are the once who will be giving the right caller ID. Do i need to edit anything on the 3CX?

Thanks,

STASH

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Forward calls in 'away' profile either using '302 diversion' or 'normally', you can test it even without waiting the answer from provider. Also it is important what your provider outgoing settings are set to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. stash

stash New Member

Hi eagle,

How can i set 302 diversion on away? and what do you mean by normally?

Thanks,

STASH

9. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

You can set forward to external number in Extension settings, 'Away' or 'Out off Office' profiles, either using '302 diversion header' or without it (which I refer as normal way).

10. stash

stash New Member

Hi eagle,

OK i will try your suggestion if this will work.

Thanks,

STASH

11. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

This depends on your provider, whether it supports '302 diversion header' or not.
    Using '302 diversion header' will not consume a SC license, after deflection.

12. netswork

netswork Active Member

I do this with US PRI's all the time. On your PRI gateway you need to set your outbound parameters "from user part" to be orginator caller id. This will then correctly show your mobile number rather than the number on the gateway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.