Caller Id showing as callers in contacts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Brian Oli, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Oli

I recently added contacts into the company phone book to make it easier for users to contact some of our outside contractors and to make it easier to add users for the web 3cx video conferencing. Now however, when someone calls into our system, the inbound did is now showing as some of the phone book contacts, even though it is not them. I have looked at the system logs and nothing is jumping out at me as to why this would be occurring. I was hoping that someone would have some insight.

upload_2016-12-8_22-47-25.png

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Hopefully, this is the issue...

If there is an entry in the Company Phonebook, 3CX will attempt to match the incoming callers phone number to an entry (as i recall the number of digits, from the right can be changed). The name, against that entry, will be displayed, overriding the original caller name display. So you may have to check and see how many digits you are matching on.

It may also be a case of lack of space available on the phone display, where some information is being pushed aside.

3. Brian Oli

4. Brian Oli

Thank you, I believe that was in fact the issue. It was set to 2 instead of exact match.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.