Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller ID to display vs. Ringing Group Name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by selagent, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selagent

We are currently evaluating the 3CX and have run into a bit of a road block. In a small office environment of 4 phones, we have the incoming calls from a VOIP provider set to ring all stations as part of a ring group.

The issue is that on an incoming call, the Snom 870's are showing the Ring Group name as the caller. Which technically, I guess would be correct since that call is processed by the 3CX server and then based on the rule, is getting delivered to the stations from the Ring Group. However, is there a way to change it so the originating caller ID info is sent and not the ring group name ?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I just tested this on our Yealinks and we get this
    Line 1: Ring Group: DID Name: Caller ID Name (runs off screen)
    Line 2: Caller ID Number

It could be the way Snom presents the info.
    There is an option in 3cx to prepend or append the caller id. Maybe change this setting under Settings, General, Global - about half way down to see how it affects things.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. selagent

Craig,

Thanks for the tip. I changed from prepend to append and no difference. After digging around a bit, I went directly into the Snom 870 and noticed under Setup > Preferences > Number Display Style the 3CX autoprovisions for Name.

The options are Name, Number, Name Number, or Number Name. I switched it to Number and am getting the caller ID info that I need vs. the ringing group name.

Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.