• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID via Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigreilly

Free User
Reaction score
Transferring and making calls via the bridge seem quite inconsistent.
I am using different phones and that may have something to do with it.

Calls via the Bridge show the name of the caller, but the # is either the extension outbound caller id or the bridge trunk id depending on what direction I am going.
I would like to see Name and Extension - or maybe Name and Bridge ID / Extension. (I know that I couldn't use the call log to return this call, because of the need to dial additonal digits to get to that remote 3cx pbx).

For Bridge Caller ID I see many options.
But they all produce something along with the Virtual Bridge Extension.

Is this "just the way it is" or do I need to make some config changes somewhere?

Hi,

In 3CX v11 SP1 it will be like you said. Calls over the bridge will appear wit Caller Name - Bridge ID.

Thank you for the response. So are you saying SP1 will be the same as now... there is no way to get the name and number to appear? just 1 or the other ?

I'm saying that Caller Name and bridge ID will be seen together.

I'm not seeing any change here - I still do not see the callers number.

I woudl expect a call across bridge might show the number (prefaced by the "prefix to use for outbound calls from myphone to remote pbx") and the name.
Right now, I see a bridge id and a name. but I have no idea how to call that person back.

I would also like to see this changed. I have 3 branches interconnected, with mainbranch using 3 digits and the others use 2 with 7x and 8x. I have setup call rules so when I call 83 the system knows which bridge to use.

However, when someone from 83 calls me, it says there name (yay) and 10080; not 83 which bothers me.

Reactions: solic
Same here, our customers want to see "John Doe" + extension number on their phone when someone from another side of the bridge is calling them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.