Caller ID via SPA3102 and Attendant

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got several 3102 devices for incoming lines. They're answered by an auto-attendant module which gives a number of possibilities, including ringing all extensions via a ring group. Works ok best I can tell, except that when the phones ring, I see "PSTN 1 - 10002" calling, not the caller ID of the real caller.

Not life-threatening, of course, but it would be NICE to be able to see who's calling me.

Anyone know how to fix this?

2. ess

ess New Member

Hey,

the PSTN Answer Delay needs to be set so that the SPA3102 is picked up after the Caller ID is transferred over the line. This happens within the first two rings.

I have mine set for 4.5. Some people can get away with 3 seconds, but mine isn't 100% that way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks, but it didn't work. I tried setting the "PSTN Answer Delay" under the "FXO Timer Values" section to 5. I then noticed a place under "PSTN to VOIP Gateway Setup" that says "PSTN CID for VOIP CID" which was set to no. I tried changing that to YES, both with the timer value set to 5 and to the default of 0. It still shows the call as being from the PSTN adapter, not the original caller. I even tried it on the line that rings straight into a hunt group - same thing.

Any other suggestions?

4. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello,
    Remove 'PSTN 1 - 10002' from PSTN CID Name Prefix:
    because some phones take the name first

5. MrKoen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.