Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller ID when forewarding

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pete-TPP, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete-TPP

I have a question I cannot find on this forum. I want the ID of an external line to be changed in a different number. Example: My inbound number 0123456789 is automatically forewarded to my cell using voipbuster or my gsm gateway. But I would like to keep the number 0123456789 instead of gsm gateway or voipbuster number. Is that possible. Also when I dial out I want voipbuster to use 0123456789 as ID instead of voipbuster ID so the reciever of the call thinks I'm using my 'normal' line. This way I do not depend on my sip host for charging. Saves a lot for international calls.

Another maybe very simple question. Can I change or add a name to the ID so my receptionist can see wich number is being called. Now I have serveral sip accounts registered in my phone but the number of accounts is limited. I have a lot of incoming lines for several different businesses. If I can add a name to the line, that shows in the display, that is being called (e.g. sales or maintanance) it will be much easier.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

We have instructions for that:
    http://www.voipstore.com/how-to-set-3cx-caller-id/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pete-TPP

Thanx for the fast reply, still seems not to work with voipbuster.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does Voipbuster allow you to change the outgoing number, some VoIP providers don't. You might want to check with them before spending too much time on something they ultimately don't allow. I would think that you wouldn't be able to on the GSM gateway as the call will show up with the number of your GSM account.

If the call is coming in via VoIP (some PSTN gateways allow you to insert a name in the device) and all else fails, you could send the call to a ring group and that RG name will show up. That ring group can contain just one extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.