• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID when forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

catalinu

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a cell with a plan with unlimited to and from a specific number (my home number). When someone calls me at home, 3cx from home will ring on one extension (where I have my ATA home phone) and in the same time on another extension (which is forwarded to my cell phone number). I saw that the CallerID name / number is shown on the display on my ATA home phone, as the other party called me directly. When I will answer on my cell, it will be considered as a call from my home phone number (and at no charge), or as from the original caller and I will have to pay for?
Thanks in advance

First of all, you have to have two phone lines if you are going to receive a call and forward it back out to your mobile. If you do....the caller Id that will show up on your mobile should be your home number, just as any outgoing call on your phone line will show your home number to the called party. Some VoIp providers will allow you to send out a different number, but, more often not. Certainly not if you are using a gateway to a PSTN line.

Thanks for answer. Why should i have 2 lines? I just tested it: called from work to home > Digital receptionist > dial "a digit" > forward to extension "xx" which is forwarded all time to an external number (my cell). It works very nice (using the same SIP line for incoming and outgoing on the same time, so 2 channels). But I want at least to see who calls me. My cell should receive the call from home (being the only free number that I can receive free calls on my cell), but 3cx should replace the Name (if it is sent). I don't know the SIP architecture, but does it have in header something as:
- sender account ID (actually the phone number or username@domain)
- sender name (text, descriptive) ?
Can I replace only the name (with external call name or number) leaving the number field as from my home phone number? Will my cell number show also the incoming number (home) and name (replaced with external call name or number)?
Thanks

Well if you can receive and make an outgoing call at the same time then you have at least two lines (or your VoIP provider allows more than one call at a time). As to whether your provider will allow you to change your outgoing number(or name), you'll have to ask them or experiment. You may save yourself a lot of work by just asking them first. Many VoIP provider will not allow your outgoing number to show up as anything but the number(s) that you were assigned by them. This prevents spoofing.

Hello,
Some voip provider allow you to send any id specialy when you forward the call to the other party on the same provider
and now I can send from 3cx system the number using outbound caller id or in user part line id = internal number of the line
thats means 3cx can send any id if provider accept that
so we need to export the caller id when call forward

Thanks for your answers.
When you say "so we need to export the caller id when call forward", is it an option that I should configure in 3cx? Because now I see the callee on my phone at home (which is an extension), but if I direct an external call to an extension which is forwarded to my cell phone, on my cell phone I don't see the original caller, I see only my home number. How can I setup 3cx to see on my cell the external number or name?

Did you check with your provider to see if they will even allow you to change the outgoing caller ID? If they won't then there is no point in pursuing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.