caller id with extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pipex, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pipex

Hello,

i have a 3cx version 12 sp1 linked to a patton sn4970,

i need to "publish" the extension of user in the outbound caller id, i checked the flag in the extension properties but nothing happend and always i see the "root number".

i'm sure that my phone provider could do this.

i must look at patton config or in 3cx outbound parameters ?

thanks in advance

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How are you using the Patton? When I look one up it sates that it supports T1/E1/ PRI.

By Root Number, i assume that you mean the pilot number assigned by your provider.

Have you confirmed that your provider allows this?

3. pipex

patton was configured with 3cx wizard and is likend to a BRI , i'm sure about the provider because the previous PBX was able to do the call with extension.

4. rogueblackburn

I am not sure what flag you are referring to under extension. But since we are looking at extension settings, under extension settings / Other, field Outbound Caller ID. Enter the number in the correct format there - the way your carrier expects to receive it.
    The default Caller ID for outbound calls is set under the Port / Other Options of the Patton GW in the management cconsole, again, must be in the format the carriers wants it.

Assuming your Patton GW uses the 3CX recommended firmware, and you created the configuration file for the patton out your 3CX V12, then did all the Patton specific importing / rebooting / saving to activate the configuration.

5. pipex

yes it is the outbound extension field,

tried to set also the default caller outbound id but on patton i see call from 10000@10.0.0.1 that is the trunk name.

any suggest?

patton reseller claims it is a pbx problem

6. rogueblackburn

If you click on your Patton GW and go to the tab Outbound Parameters, in the fields:

What values do you have in there? Normally the 3CX wizzard for Patton configures it right, so outbound caller ID works first time, assuming the PSTN provider uses standard protocol. Have a look when making an outgoing call what it shows in the server activity log, and confirm with the provider what format they expect to receive.

This is pretty much all there is to configure a Patton GW with 3cx: http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode-sn4960/

And double check that you are using the correct FW on the Patton to ensure that your 3CX V12 configuration file applies the changes in the right places within the Patton config.

7. pipex

in attachment che outbound parameter config,

here my patton data:

Model SN4970/1E15V
    Hardware Version 1.2
    Software Version R6.T 2013-07-30 H323 RBS SIP

thanks

Attached Files:

8. rogueblackburn

It looks right, but leejor mentioned in his response that this Patton Model support E1/T1 PRI which is correct, you stated that you have a BRI connected to it. I am no expert, but isn't there a difference between those two line types and their signalling? Can you get your hands on a BRI VoIP Gateway?

9. pipex

sorry, checked out old ISDN primux config of old pbx and said PRI not BRI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.