caller id

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hello

i have connected to the PBX gateway Portech to GSM networks with 2 sim cards , it's going well, but I don t have the caller ID, I receive the ID card sim, til there a solution to this problem? it s a real problem because if I have customers who leave me no message I can call back.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX log. Any sign of caller ID in the incoming call? Are there caller ID options, that you can "play" with on the gateway? Could there be a timing issue where the call is being presented to 3CX too quickly? I know that in PSTN gateways, because the caller Id info is sent after the first ring, you need to wait to collect it. I would assume that because, with GSM, the caller ID is available immediately (or at least should be), there should not have to be a delay, but, that might be something to look at.

3. willow

willow Member

Does teh carrier allow Caller ID spoofing? most in the US do not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unless I'm confused, I believe that the problem is that he's not receiving incoming caller ID. Outgoing caller ID, on a GSM gateway,as with PSTN, is indeed fixed by your provider.

5. willow

willow Member

oop's Guess I should have read that better.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.