• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

caller id

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

hello

i have connected to the PBX gateway Portech to GSM networks with 2 sim cards , it's going well, but I don t have the caller ID, I receive the ID card sim, til there a solution to this problem? it s a real problem because if I have customers who leave me no message I can call back.

Check the 3CX log. Any sign of caller ID in the incoming call? Are there caller ID options, that you can "play" with on the gateway? Could there be a timing issue where the call is being presented to 3CX too quickly? I know that in PSTN gateways, because the caller Id info is sent after the first ring, you need to wait to collect it. I would assume that because, with GSM, the caller ID is available immediately (or at least should be), there should not have to be a delay, but, that might be something to look at.

Does teh carrier allow Caller ID spoofing? most in the US do not.

Unless I'm confused, I believe that the problem is that he's not receiving incoming caller ID. Outgoing caller ID, on a GSM gateway,as with PSTN, is indeed fixed by your provider.

oop's Guess I should have read that better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.