• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemidnightrunner

Reaction score
Hi All,

We've a 3CX setup using a PSTN Gateway from a BT line and a single Yealink Dect phone. Latest version of the software.

All the calls that come in are coming up as anonymous, the company phonebook has been populated with loads of entries but we cannot seem to get the number to appear on the Yealink phone when a call comes in.

Could really use some help.

Thanks in advance.

bluemidnightrunner said:
Hi All,

We've a 3CX setup using a PSTN Gateway from a BT line and a single Yealink Dect phone. Latest version of the software.

All the calls that come in are coming up as anonymous, the company phonebook has been populated with loads of entries but we cannot seem to get the number to appear on the Yealink phone when a call comes in.

Could really use some help.

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure the phone system is receiving the call-id information? Is your PSTN gateway configured to answer after the second ring so that the call-id information comes in properly? Which PSTN gateway are you using?

Are you sure the phone system is receiving the call-id information? Is your PSTN gateway configured to answer after the second ring so that the call-id information comes in properly? Which PSTN gateway are you using?

That's the question really. The gateway is a Patton Smartnode and is configured to answer after the second ring.

I've not done any other configuration other than the general setup as it's fairly easy process. I read something with regards to CID in the reformatting rules, is this something that needs to be done normally?

Thanks

I would first off confirm, using a standard caller ID device, that you are , in fact, receiving the data. There isn't any point in troubleshooting further if you're not.

If a device shows that CID comes through, then I would check the CID options in the gateway to be sure that they match the suggested option for the BT CID format.

I've confirmed that the BT line does not in fact have caller ID enabled....this will cause an issue in the first instance and I've asked for it to be enabled.

The other thing I've found is the Yealink device is not picking up the company phonebook, I've checked the settings in the web page of the Yealink Dect phone and the URL is correct for the 3CX phone book but it is not downloading it.

Any body had this before?

OK, made progress. Caller ID has been enabled and the numbers are now showing on the phone.... However, the corresponding names from the phone book are not coming up.

What do I need to configure to allow this?

Thanks guys.

In 3CX look under Settings/General/Global Options.....there you will find the phonebook options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.