caller id

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tlachaus, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlachaus

Hi,

Having some problems figuring out how to set the outbound caller id from the system. Can someone guide me through this?
    Currently the outbound caller id says 'restricted'.

We have a t1 for our hard voice lines and external calls are passing through a sangoma vega 100g t1 device from the 3cx server.

Thank you in advance

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Could it be that you are trying to send a Caller ID other than "authorised" (provided by) your service provider, and because of this they are simply blocking the number? Some providers do not allow outgoing CID to be changed from the numbers they have provided you. I would check with them before trying to get something working, that won't.

3. tlachaus

That could be it. Where is the caller id number set in the management page?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The number to be sent (displayed) can be in the specific trunk settings, or in the settings for the extension that is placing the call. That will attempt to "override" the default number assigned by your provider.

5. tlachaus

Ok, i just set it on my extension as a test and i still get the same thing.

We had a different voip solution in previous to 3cx and it worked fine so I don't think it is my provider.

6. tlachaus

looks like it only happens when the calls go out the sangoma vega gateway (for t1). If i change the outbound rule to use my sip provider instead the caller id is displayed properly.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't installed a T1 gateway so I'm not certain of the parameters for sending a particular number over the trunk group, or how it differs from a VoIP provider. It could le something in the outbound parameters. Simply trying to send a number at all may be causing the issue. Did you check with the provider to see if the do allow "other" numbers to be sent?

If all else fails, you could check with them to see what they are getting to cause the current display. There may also be a log, or syslog, within the gateway that may provide additional information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.