Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by architechture, Dec 7, 2018 at 7:48 PM.

1. architechture

3CX gives multiple locations to input a Caller ID. Does this actually work on some providers? Vitelity allows you to set the CNAM/LIBD on each of its lines and that's what shows on the other end. (though I've had old CNAMs show on the other end for years after change when calling to certain areas or numbers.)

When I fill in the Outbound Caller ID on a SIP trunk for use with Vitelity the call won't even go through let alone show on the other end.

Thanks,

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You would have to confirm with the provider, if they allow a number change, and what field in the Invite they take it from. You can also put an outside number to be displayed in the extension settings. i have also seen a number, put in the phone settings, that in some cases, has taken precedent. There are outbound trunk settings that may need to be tweaked, to allow this to work.

3. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are trying to put a CNAM in the caller id fields which is a no-no. You push digits out which the receiving end will then check the CNAM database for whatever you registered with Vitelity.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  4. 12494

12494 Member

We use Vitelity and they respect the CID that the PBX sends. As other poster said - CNAM is not sent by 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. architechture

You are correct. I goofed that up. Thank you.