Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alonchu, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alonchu

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to set-up the 3cx server so that certain EXTs have certain caller ID's.

For example, if the receptionist calls, then the company's main number is displayed. However if someone from accting calls, then the number for accting is displayed. if the ceo calls the number of his secretary is displayed, ect.

Thanks a bunch!

Alon

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alon,

From the 3CX inteface, you can select an extension and under "Other Options" specify the "Outbound Caller ID". Does this help?

Thanks,

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, you are.

However we have had experiences where the VoIP provider does indeed allow this to pass through.

Personally, I think this shouldn't be allowed... it does sound a lot like spoofing to me. Of course, one would have to refer to the RFC.

4. alonchu

Let me explain a little more on what I am looking for.

I am not cheap, but I believe in saving cost where it is stupid to pay for something in place a where you can get it for free at place b.

Broad voice offers FREE UNLIMITED calling to non-cellular lines in Israel. So why should I pay for these calls somewhere else?

Nonetheless, I would like people I call from my office, which is located in Israel, to see that I am calling from Israel.
    I would also like all of the lines I dial from, Local or Intl., to show my main office number.

Can anybody explain to me why this is illegal or should be illegal in their eyes?

Isn't this the reason people buy DIDs?

5. Henk

Henk Member

If the call is routed through your office (eg 3cx) than there is nothing illegal about that (from my point of view) simply because it is the Call Originator for that leg and can be seen as a valid call route (or diversion).

Yes, I assume that is why people buy a DID (Direct Inward Dialing), keep in mind that the DID denotes the locality and for that reason can be used legally to display as CLID (from my understanding anyway).

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.