Caller issues I'm lost on trying to fix myself

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JPElectron, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPElectron

I love 3CX, but some of my users do not, these are the complaints I've got that I can't seem to find any resolution for, perhaps I'm just not searching for the right thing, or describing it poorly ...can someone point me in the right direction?

- When you are listening to a person's VM greeting,
    is there a way to skip it and just get to the beep to leave a message?
    is there a way to get out and go back to the auto attendant, or to dial someone elses extension?

- Silence of up to 8 seconds before outside caller audio is heard on a voicemail message they left,
    I can re-produce this every time from an external caller who is using Nec IP dterm/Nec 2400 ipx > going out a PRI > to the phone co. > who then comes in on POTS > to our PAtton 4114 > then 3CX. In some cases (if the voicemail message is shorter than 8sec) it appears as if the message is blank.

- Brief repeat and then cut-off (~2 seconds) of the auto attendant message can be heard right before the system transfers to a voicemail box. I've thought about putting 2 seconds of silence at the beginning of our day and night attendant messages, but that seems really cheesy.

- When a person is transfered to, and the internal extension is ringing, the on hold music is playing rather than hearing ring, ring, ring
    users are confused about this and would rather hear ringing before getting connected to voicemail

- Would it be better to force Linksys SPA phones to a certain codec, rather then trying to let them auto-detect?
    reason being to avoid echo that is more apparent on some phones, even though everything else is provisioned the same?

2. mbaltus

You can change the on hold music to a ring-ring tone to work around that.

With respect to the linksys, If you are using autoprovisioning, you can adjust the auto provisioning template yourself to update that to all phones. If you look at my second post in http://www.3cx.com/forums/linksys-problems-anyone-better-10441.html , I have provided a description of how to edit the template and how to retrieve the required options.

Note that after changing the template, you need to save each extension (just open it and save it) to regenerate the phone-specific XML file. After that, reload the phones for them to retrieve the new settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JPElectron

I hope you were kidding. Thanks for pointing out your auto-provisioning for the Linksys, I'm very happy about setting the time automatically!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.