CallerID different on deskphone and mobile

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bpaim, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpaim

Hello,

I am trying out 3CX in combination with Telnyx.

I have a US phone number +1-201-xxxx-xxx
    I have set my CallerID to 1201xxxxxxx

When i call a international mobile phone number it displays on that mobile: +1-201-xxxx-xxx and i can call the number back.

When i call a international land line it displays: 1201xxxxxxx and i cant call that number back because it needs 00 in front of it.

If i switch it around, set my CallerID to 001201xxxxxxx it displays on the mobile phone 01201xxxxxxx so i cant call that number back and on the landline phone it display 001201xxxxxxx and i can call that back.

Any idea how to fix this? I tried messing around with the outbound parameters without succes.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How are you receiving the call, on a 3CX app, or over the phones provider? If it is the phones provider, then format may be based on their rules.

Again, the provider of the land line will have certain rules as to how to format (prefix) numbers based on the digits received and (sometimes) which trunks the call come in on.

You may not find a solution that satisfies number re-dial on both sets. When calling outside numbers you can sometimes only do so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.