callerid&ext#

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by holziusa, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holziusa

grt product
    can caller id be set up tp show telephone number plus the extension # the call originated from

in other wordes when a caller presses ext 125 and this extension is setup to forward to a cell phone, currently it will
    displaye the outbound number id the call is made from
    in addition to this is it possible to add "125" somehow to the caller id.
    thanks inadvance

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Interesting...however, it would be up to the company delivering the caller ID on how they handled a number longer than standard length telephone numbers. In North America where numbers are 10 digits, if you were to send a 13 digit number to your VoIP provider they may either assume there was an error, or truncate one end or the other to 10 digits. I haven't seen the feature that you are looking for in 3CX yet

3. holziusa

there is a voip provider that passes the extension number on , i just dont have the name at my finger tips but will follow up,
    the concept was based on you using their virtual online attendent, we reviewed so many and equipment i just cant remember

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

A voip provider that allows "spoofing" will allow you to do this, the only problem will be when a client calls back...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.