CallerID for outbound calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by titovets, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titovets

I have internal extensions from 100 to 199 and SIP trunk to an external telephony system.
    I would like to identify outbound calls from each internal extensions to the external system with its own callerID.
    I have tried to set up SIP field "From:User Part" to values "OriginatorCallerID" or "CallerNum" in VoIP Providers-> Trunk-> Outbound Parameters.
    But "Port Identification" field from trunk's settings is always used in SIP header for outbound calls, and internal numbers are screened by this one number.

Is it possible to configure 3CX to send internal extension number as a callerID for calls to the external system?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Does The external system use VoIP or something else?
    Not all providers accept custom caller Id.
    And it is possible this external "unnamed system" doesn't look at the field you have set.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. titovets

Hello,
    3CX connected to the external IP-softswitch via SIP protocol.
    Actually I use wireshark to monitor sip signalization between the systems, and I see that 3CX sent one callerID (trunk's Port Identification) for all internal extensions.
    I have tried to set "From:user" sip-field to other values, and I see that 3cx send other information in this field. But none from these values send internal extension number.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What if u set the extension outbound caller id value to their extension value...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. titovets

Hello,

Yes, if I set "From:user" sip-field to "OutboundCallerId" and assign outbound caller ID to the extension then it works.
    But in that case another problem appears.
    My 3cx system has hotel module and integrated with Fidelio hotel system. And problem is that Fidelio hotel system doesn't send "outbound caller ID" for guest during checkin. If I set it manually, it is erased every time during checkin process.
    That is why I have tried to use OriginatorCallerID or CallerNum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.