• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CallerID for outbound calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

titovets

Reaction score
I have internal extensions from 100 to 199 and SIP trunk to an external telephony system.
I would like to identify outbound calls from each internal extensions to the external system with its own callerID.
I have tried to set up SIP field "From:User Part" to values "OriginatorCallerID" or "CallerNum" in VoIP Providers-> Trunk-> Outbound Parameters.
But "Port Identification" field from trunk's settings is always used in SIP header for outbound calls, and internal numbers are screened by this one number.

Is it possible to configure 3CX to send internal extension number as a callerID for calls to the external system?

Does The external system use VoIP or something else?
Not all providers accept custom caller Id.
And it is possible this external "unnamed system" doesn't look at the field you have set.

Hello,
3CX connected to the external IP-softswitch via SIP protocol.
Actually I use wireshark to monitor sip signalization between the systems, and I see that 3CX sent one callerID (trunk's Port Identification) for all internal extensions.
I have tried to set "From:user" sip-field to other values, and I see that 3cx send other information in this field. But none from these values send internal extension number.

What if u set the extension outbound caller id value to their extension value...

Hello,

Yes, if I set "From:user" sip-field to "OutboundCallerId" and assign outbound caller ID to the extension then it works.
But in that case another problem appears.
My 3cx system has hotel module and integrated with Fidelio hotel system. And problem is that Fidelio hotel system doesn't send "outbound caller ID" for guest during checkin. If I set it manually, it is erased every time during checkin process.
That is why I have tried to use OriginatorCallerID or CallerNum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.