CallerID out of Patton 4940 Across Bridge

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stober, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stober

Hi Guys,

I have a 2 site deployment connected via Bridge. We are building least cost routing rules to reduce long distance charges when calling from SiteA to a number local to SiteB and reverse.

Calls are routing properly, but in tests of calls from SiteA to numbers local to SiteB the callerID that comes up is the gateway number (1000) of Site B. In this scenario we want to show callerID of SiteA. Has anyone accomplished this. Any tips?

I am considering changing our pstn device IDs to the number of local site, this will at least give a proper CallerID - but not to the right site.

I can post some logs later if required.

3cx - v10
    Patton 4940 - R5.T 2011-01-17 H323 RBS SIP

Thanks

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Probably we need to check this because we still do not have a template for this device.

How did you configure? We would like to make a template for this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stober

I used 3CX to generate a template for a 4960 then modified it to accommodate the 4940. PM me and I can send you the config.

Any one have thoughts/experience on the CallerID issue?

Thanks

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Make wireshark captures on each side and send them. I will check them.

So whaqt is the scenario exactly?

Can you write me the topology how it is?

in this format

ext -> 3CX1Bridge -> 3CX2Bridge -> Patton -> Mobile number???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stober

@Nickybrg

Topology is precisely as you describe:

Ext100 --> SiteABridge --> {VPN} --> SiteBBridge --> Patton 4940 --> Partial PRI --> Mobile Phone

I'll take a cap on the weekend and PM you the results.

Thanks

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes I understand.

Also inform me the caller ID that is configured in each leg. What is ext 100 sending?
    And it could be that the isdn is not letting u pass this number.
    Exclude ext 100 and bridge 1. Instead make a test from an ext 100 on the SAME pbx 2 (the one on side bridge 2). Do you get the correct CID in this scenario? Because if still no, it is useless to expect CID between 2 bridges.
    Also in ur reply do not forget to mention what u see as CID and what u expect to see.

Make traces and send them. We are making a template for this device soon.

7. stober

@nickybrg

-When callerID is configured at the extension level and a test call is made on PBX2 the proper callerID is passed (from the extension settings)

-ISDN is passing proper callerID ( as per above test).

-on PBX2 when a call is made from an extension with callerID set proper CallerID is displayed on the receiving phone. If no callerID is programmed at the extension level then the gateway ID is displayed.

-What we see when calls are made across the bridge is the PSTN device ID (1000)

Im going to PM you a capture shortly with details. Thanks very much.

8. stober

I figured out how to edit the callerID in the PSTN device to show callerID of the local site that the call is coming from. In outbound parameters under the PSTN device I changed the "From: User Part" field to custom and entered the phone number.

This works when the call comes across the bridge as the well, showing callerID of the site that the call is exiting from (SiteA calls over bridge and out SiteB gateway, callerID shown is from SiteB).

The only problem now is that this setting supercedes any callerID setup at the extension level, therein making it impossible to display the proper callerID of a user with a DID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.