• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CallerID when transferring call to Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgrathwohl

Reaction score
During after hours, we put the on-call tech on transfer to mobile from within 3cx, at todays meeting it was asked if it was possible to have the originating CallerID display on the transferred call on the mobile phone instead of ours. I am unsure if this is possible since it is our DID calling the mobile ...

So Person calls us, hits 3cx, 3cx sends to on call techs mobile, mobile will show office phone number calling.

Would like to know if that can be changed to originating caller ID as the number shown calling.

Why? They are not intelligent enough to operate the 3cx App, and want to be able to tell someone they will call them back, and keep assuming they will have caller ID to be able to call that number back without writing it down -_-;

Are you on a VOIP Carrier that lets you set your Outbound Caller ID?

If yes - then
Select the Voip Provider
Goto Outbound Parameters tab
Select "From: User Part" in the list at the bottom.
Then change variable above to "OriginatorCallerID"
then "Add/Update"
then "Apply"

The suggested solution by craigreilly is correct, the problem is the most providers would not allow you to send originator's Caller-ID.

Possible solutions are:
- using a provider which allows transmitting of number 'A' as caller-id ( A --> B ---> C, i.e. 'A' calls 'B', and 'B' is forwarded /redirected to 'C', so 'C' sees number 'A' instead of number 'B')
- using a provider supporting '302 diversion header' and redirecting calls using this method (in extension settings | call forwarding settings)

Best regards

Sigma VoIP, an approved 3cx provider in the US, supports this.

Almost every major sip carrier providers caller ID overide.

Broadvox also supports spoofing they too are 3cx approved

Broadvox dropped off the 3CX list...

Looking into Sigma Voip now. thanks for the recommendation, we tried transitioning to another trunk provider but it ended up being a big mess on their part and mine and the boss here said to axe it before letting me finish figuring out the problem (ended up being an internal firewall issue between the two NICs and the Switch. However the main reason we looked into switching was bad call quality from callcentric but after upping our internet from 30Mbps to 75Mbps we haven't had any issues on call quality that was on our end.

I would suggest you look into your firewall and QoS. That is a ton of bandwidth.

Apparently it is actually mishandling of packets with Callcentric and my ISP Comcast, the extra upload speed pushes those packets through the "slow" lane a bit better, i think is the case; however here is what I did since being employed and resolving all the call issues, and thanks go out to a forum member in my area i worked with for a time, John Pillow with Flyte Communications a 3cx provider.

Employed; Call Quality complaints. no Firewall or QoS installed on their network. :(
Installed new Untangle NG Firewall which has Voip QoS handling.
Calls were dropping frequently, this ended up being a Duplexing error between the NICs in the firewall and the DLINK switch, a problem that is extremely difficult to detect without knowledge of the linux kernel in the untangle firewall since the GUI has no way of obtaining this information.
In the mean time we were attempting to transition to MegaPath SIP Trunks to alleviate the call quality issues that were there before the firewall even entered the game.
MegaPath situation fell through because the firewall problems were not resolved during the time the switchover was taking place, so the boss had them axe the plan.

Firewall fixed; everything operational again except occasional call quality issues again, found the 3cx was being hit by russian and french IPs frequently so i blocked a bunch of countries, still no help on quality.

Upped Comcast speed. Call quality problems virtually gone, haven't heard a complaint in 2 months except when it was the other persons issue.
Seems fishy to me. Another Tech told me they had a similar issue with Comcast and Callcentric.

End of story? Net Neutrality needs to be enforced.

@ Jgrathwohl I'm glad you were able to get the firewall sorted out.

@Sigma1 I'm not surprised their customer service has to be the worst around, and they have been going downhill for someitme now. On the flip side I've had clients with them for years and as long as we havent had an issue which involves dealing with customer service too much things have been fine.

jpillow... they were purchased by NBS, just like another former listed provider was taken over. The same "buyer" knocked on our door too and I don't expect customer service to get any better at all.

There are things you can do, such as DSCP tagging your traffic exiting your wan port as 48 or better (Comcast honors that).The router makes all the difference, Mikrotik is the choice for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.