CallerID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by retailx, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retailx

I upgraded to the latest version 5.0.3790.0 recently and all went pretty smoothly. However, after the upgrade I noticed the following:

The caller display on our SIP enabled phones is showing “Linksys Gateway” on the display when we are receiving an external call rather than the caller ID as it used to do before we upgraded.

The one other weird issues was that I had to change the registration settings for our PSTN line under 3CX-Manage Gateways and Providers->Registration Settings->to Require Registration for Nothing as I could not get the PSTN line to work with the old SPA3102 settings after the upgrade.

Can anyone help with regard to the caller ID issue? I can live with not having to force a registration for the PSTN line…unless this is important! I only included this as I thought the two issues might be linked!

On the 3CX server I can see the incoming caller ID being displayed in the server status. I have made sure that the setting:

PSTN CID For VoIP CID: is set to Yes and I have an answer delay on the PSTN of 3 seconds to give time to pickup the Caller ID.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. retailx

If it helps I took this from the 3CX sever log. You will see that the external CallerID is sent by the SPA3102 gateway to the 3CX server and is recognised by the 3CX system. My problem is how do I get this inbound caller ID displayed on the phones?

09:51:11.993 CallCtrl::eek:nLegConnected :[CM503007]: Call(8): Device joined: sip:091875430@192.168.176.3:5061

3. Dialsun

Hello,

I was having this same problem with the SPA-3102.

I solved it with 2 steps.

under PSTN to VOIP Gateway change the following

PSTN CID For VoIP CID Yes

Under FXO Timer Values (sec)

PSTN Answer Delay: 3

This gives the gateway enough time to get the caller id information from the phone company before sending the call to 3cx.

Works great for my set up.

Kevin
    Dialsun

4. arpa

In my configuration Under FXO Timer Values (sec)
    PSTN Answer Delay: i put the 1

and i have to write under Subscriber Information
    Display Name:
    - anynthing - works with 3cxVoIPClient, shows Caller ID correct , only the number
    - any word in greek shows the number of the caller to my Nokia E70 followed by the "@3cxphonesystem's FQDN"
    - anything i write here , shown to the SJphone, No caller ID number is dispayed at the specific softphone, nor when i write in greek appear in greek at SJphone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.