Callers get MOH, not ring tone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alizian, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alizian

When external callers ring my number they get MOH, not a ringtone. It's a default setting on my Asterisk box which can be changed by clicking a box, but I can't see where to set this in 3CX. Anybody know?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

How do the callers get to you? I assume that they are going through a transfer process of some type be it a human receptionist or a Digitial Receptionist in which case both are transfers and the MOH comes into play.

If outside calls are routed directly to your extension, with no intervening handling, then the caller will get the ring and not the MOH.

There is no setting that I am aware of that allows you to substitute one for the other.

3. alizian

They are external callers which go to teh default queue. I've worked out that there's no specific way to switch from MOH to just a ringing sound, but by substituting a .wav file with that exact sound in the Queue settings it pretty much does the same thing.

I'm now trying to find such a wav file on the internet, and so far all I can find is one of the old-fashioned jangly ringing sounds, not the more modern (e.g.US style) ringing sounds.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

use your phone to call someone and record the ring

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If callers first go to a queue, then while on hold, they should hear music (after they hear a message explaining why they are holding. That is how queues are supposed to work. If you give callers ringback tone, many will hang up after a time, I know I would, thinking that somewhere a phone is ringing but no one is there to pick it up. People (customers) should not have to wait (endure) more than 20 to 30 seconds of ringback, after that you risk loosing them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.