Callflow Issues

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Hivemind, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hivemind

I've got an app that's supposed to record call data and transfer it to our helpdesk system
    The (simplified) callflow itself looks like this:
    Set Start Time (variable NOW()) =>
    Transfer call to destination (via "Bridge" mode to an external number) =>
    Set End Time (variable now())
    Write Start Time, End Time and call info to text file.
    Run Web Interaction (send Start Time, End Time and call info to external PHP script via POST)

Both the web interaction and file management component fire as soon as the bridge transfer goes though and the destination picks up.

Is there any way to hold the execution of the rest of the callflow until the call disconnects (either by the local extension or destination end)?

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

When the callflow is executing the Transfer component in bridge mode, you have the following scenario:
    A -> VAD -> B

If B (transfer destination) hangs up, the execution continues in the Main Flow, in the component next to the Transfer component.

If A (initial caller) hangs up, the execution continues in the Disconnect Handler Flow.

In both cases you continue having the control, and you can fire the Web Interaction or File Management component. To avoid duplicating the code in the disconnect handler flow and the main flow, you can create a custom component where you fire the Web Interaction or File Management component. And you call that new component in the main flow and in the disconnect handler flow.

3. Hivemind

I figured that was how things are supposed to go.
    However, I have a situation where the web interaction and file management components fire while the call is still connected.
    I'd expect that the callflow would pause at the "transfer" component until the call completes, that appears to not be the case ( a 2 minute call renders a ~10 second difference between Start Time and End time, and the text audit files show up a second or so after the call is connected.

4. VAD_Support

Can you describe how are you setting the Transfer component properties? Are you configuring the MaxCallTime?

5. Hivemind

Transfer is in Bridge Mode, maxcallTime is 0 (unlimited, I assume)
    Would it be better to set it to some obscenely high value (what is the maximum allowed? 1 day?)

6. VAD_Support

MaxCallTime=0 means unlimited, right. No need to set it to a very high value.
    Can you send me the callflow in a private message, so I can take a look at it?

7. Hivemind

Sent...
    any ideas?

8. VAD_Support

Thanks for sending me the callflow.
    I was investigating this, and seems to be a problem in 3CX IVR, which is transferring the call always as blind. I'm checking this with the rest of the development team. I'll let you know as soon as I have more information.
    Thanks.

9. Hivemind

Any word on a fix?
    my apps are crippled until this is resolved.

10. VAD_Support

Hi, sorry about the delay. I'm still investigating this with the rest of the development team.
    I'll post back as soon as I have an answer for you.
    Thanks for your patience.

11. VAD_Support

Hi,

Sorry about the delayed response. Unfortunately, there is no way to make the transfer in bridge mode in current version of 3CX. Calls are transferred always in blind mode.

We’re going to remove that feature from the VAD until this is added to 3CX, to avoid confusions. Meanwhile, you can get the call duration from the call history table in 3CX database.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.