Callforwarding to external number (display original number)?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stevede, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevede

Hello,

I am running into this problem where I have setup Multiple DIDs and Internal Extensions and have a need to forward a DID to external number (Cell phone) for which everything works fine except Caller ID information.

Called ID information being displayed on the cell phone is of the office (DID) number but I would like it to show the original Caller.

Outside (Original Caller) caller Calling--- #888 555 1212

DID-- Answers and forwards to Cell phone---818-555-1212

Cell phone displays DID number (818-555-1212), I would prefer to see the original number (888-555-1212).

Please let me know if anyone has successfully be able to replicate this and where to make the changes. Currently I am using the free system V5.1 Build 4343 but am looking forward to making the switch to the full version soon.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

2. Ryandc

This is known as hairpinning.
    Asterisk can support it, but it's complicated, because you have to do an on-the-fly spoof of your office CallerID to emulate whatever number it is that called in.
    3cx doesn't support it.

3. stevede

Thanks Ryandc for your quick answer,

I played around with the outbound settings and was not successful i thought I may ask this question here. I believe this would be a nice to have feature and if 3cx does it may be easier to setup than asterisk.

Steve

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If you're forwarding to cell using your PSTN line I doubt you can do it, even using Asterisk. Caller ID in this case is provided by your Telco.
    Probably it's possible to do thru VoIP provider, but in that case you need to know what header/field value of incoming SIP INVITE your provider will translate as Caller ID.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.