• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CallHistory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve G.

Reaction score
Hi,
can anyone point me in the right direction for reading and editing the callhistory by a 3cx Plugin?
We use the Plugin to enrich the contact Details shown on call and now want to put this Information into the 3cx Call history.

I did not see any entry on the Forum and the help file provided by 3cx About that.
Is it possible?

Thanks, Steve

Hello @Steve G.,

3CX stores the call history in the database, and there is no API available to access or edit it. Also, editing information from the database is strongly discouraged, as you could break the 3CX installation.

3CX can be configured to generate CDRs when calls end, so it is preferable to edit those files instead, and then take the information from there. However, please note that 3CX reports will not be generated from this information, so this is only useful for you to process the information in a different way.

Kind regards.

I'll have to agree with Ernesto. You do not want to be tinkering with the 3CX history data directly. Your best bet is to collect the information yourself in your plugin and run your reports from there. That said, you might be able to combine the sources of information (CDR and Plugin data). For example, you could build your own history database based on calls that come into your plugin, or you could use the Call Control API to capture even more detail and save the information into a database. The CDR files are also a great source of information as well. The data is straightforward to parse and then add to your database. The final option (which is not supported) is to copy the data from 3CX and store it in your own database and generate reports from there. Our Exporter tool now works with both the Linux and Windows version of 3CX and it can automate the process of importing CDR files and synchronizing the 3CX data with SQL Server or MySQL.

Hello @Steve G.,

3CX stores the call history in the database, and there is no API available to access or edit it. Also, editing information from the database is strongly discouraged, as you could break the 3CX installation.

3CX can be configured to generate CDRs when calls end, so it is preferable to edit those files instead, and then take the information from there. However, please note that 3CX reports will not be generated from this information, so this is only useful for you to process the information in a different way.

Kind regards.

Thank you for clearing that.

The reason for this was, that we cannot use the internal addressbook of 3cx for reasons.

But without it, the call history only shows the other Party number but no other details.
We just wanted to flll up the other Party Name, that at least in the absent list, the Name of the other Party is shown.

I thought first of a server side template, but again we must not connect our CRM directly to 3cx. So this possibility does not exist.

With your answer i think the only possiblity would be maintaining a call history within the Plugin mimicking the 3cx gui, which is a lot unecessary effort.

Maybe you consider this as a feature request.

Best regards

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.