• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calling an extension that will never be available

Status
Not open for further replies.

GonzaloS

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to call to a mobile number every time that someone enters one option of the IVR.
What I did is I created an extension and I set that if that extension is not available call directly to the mobile number (this person will never use Internet, so the call always will go to the mobile).
When I call to this person's extension directly the call goes through, BUT when I add this extension to a Ring Group, the mobile never receives the incoming call.
What I basically need is to call to a device (connected to the internet) and to a mobile simultaneously so either person can take the call. How can I set it up in that way?

Thanks

Hello @GonzaloS

The reason that this is not working is because the extension will never be polled by the Ring Group if it is not available. What you can do, is to enter the mobile number in the same extension you use for the ip phone and in the extension's forwarding rules enable the option "Ring my mobile simultaneously"

Reactions: GonzaloS
Thanks for the quick answer.

Two follow up questions:

1) Is it possible to ring the 3cx client if it is logged in, and 5-10 seconds after ring the mobile number so the 3cx client has priority?

2) When it calls the mobile after x attempts the voicemail of the mobile goes off, is there a way to finish the attempt to communicate to the mobile and redirect to the voicemail of the extension?

Thanks
Hello @GonzaloS

The reason that this is not working is because the extension will never be polled by the Ring Group if it is not available. What you can do, is to enter the mobile number in the same extension you use for the ip phone and in the extension's forwarding rules enable the option "Ring my mobile simultaneously"

Hello @GonzaloS

For your first question, yes this is possible. But you need to deselect the option "Ring My Mobile simultaneously" and just set the Available Status from the extension's settings >> Forwarding Rules to forward the calls to the mobile as shown below.
upload_2018-2-16_10-11-25.png
You can also set the other statuses like Away and DND to do the same.

Now for your second question, unfortunately this is not possible as the call to the mobile is an external call and once established it is out of the control of the PBX. You can however use a 3cx client on the mobile phone and provision with the same or a second extension. This simplifies things but of course will require constant internet access

Reactions: GonzaloS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.