Calling Cell Phone Using Extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DuNuNuBatman, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuNuNuBatman

I'm trying to set up an extension I can use to automatically call my cell phone. So when I dial 101, it will call my cell phone, but when I set it up in my ring group the cell number is never dialed.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I would not use a ring group for that. Create an extension, then use the forward all calls option in the extension screen. Ensure you include the prefix, just as you would dial it from the extension itself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DuNuNuBatman

Would it still ring to both phones?

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I understand what you mean now. We will have to test this. Just to confirm: You have configured a ring group with 2 extensions. 1 of them is forwarded to a cell phone. When you call the extension directly, it works fine. If you call ring group, only the phone which does not forward rings, and the one that forwards does not ring. We'll check, if its a bug well fix it....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DuNuNuBatman

Yup, exactly.
    That could be a good feature to add though. So each extension had the ability to ring at both their sip phone and an external line without having to set up a ring group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.