Calling Internal Extensions is slow

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by casualmikey, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casualmikey

Hi, I've installed 3cx and so far the system is great and fairly easy to configure. I purchased the SPA501G to test basic functionality and got the phones configured using provisioning. However when I try to call an internal extension, it takes about 6 seconds to ring. Any idea why this might be happening? I thought it might be router or switch but softphone does not have delay.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The majority (if not all) VoIP "hardphones" have a built in delay, generally abut 5 seconds, this is sometimes adjustable. This is to ensure you have dialed all of your digits before sending them all off to the VoIP provider, in this case 3CX. The soft phone doesn't have that issue because, like a mobile phone, you hit "send" after the last digit.You can modify the internal dialplan on the 501 so that it knows when to send off certain combination's of numbers with out waiting the 6 seconds.
    This is only one of many sites that give some help on "crafting" a dialplan in a Linksys device. http://www.scribd.com/doc/238209/LinksysSipura-Dial-Plan-tutorial

3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Yes the cisco have a 10 second wati time by default, you could adjust the interdigit timeout to be 3 seconds if you want or you could simply press send on the phone or #, creating a dial plan is a bit tricky to set up if you are inexperienced in writing them, my opinion would be to adapt salmming the # button after dialing the number you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. casualmikey

I tried using the # key after the extension and that works just great as a workaround. Thank you both very much for the prompt and intuitive feedback. So far I'm very happy with the system.

Mike

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

# works for Grandstream as well

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.