Calling own country

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by IT-IMC, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IT-IMC

Hello All,

We have deployed 3CX phone system which is working with no issues, except for the problem when our users who are having their outlook contacts synced with O365 are calling numbers with the + and country code. For instance, this is happening in Switzerland and if users are calling +41 in front of the number (international format) they receive a message saying incorrect phone number. If they however replace + with 00 all works properly. I have unchecked the option "Remove if same country" however the issue persists.

Calling the same number in international format without 3CX (calling directly connected to phone provider) works OK which leads me to the conclusion that 3CX is performing the number formatting in this case which our phone provider does not like.

We are using 3CX with 2 analog lines (with PATTON device). Calling any other country in the same international number format works no issues.

Any help appreciated.

Best Regards
    Damir

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. sensys

Here's how I figured this one out. It might apply to you.

In my phonebook I have a contact with a number +35386xxxxxxx. When I call this number it fails. So when I went to call history I could see that the number called was showing as 86xxxxxxx. So this number would not dial as in Ireland to call a mobile number it needs a 0 before the 86xxxxxxx. So I went into settings>PBX>E164 and in the add prefix field I added a 0.

Everything now works. Hope this helps.

4. IT-IMC

Hi Sensys, I did exactly that plus I have changed the country from Switzerland to none in the dropdown menu under E.164 tab and all started to work fine. The issue was that even if I uncheck "remove if same country" the country code still gets removed so changing the country to none solved it. Thank you all for your help!

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I seem to recall that in V14 SP3 there were some improvements to the way E164 works so, if you have not yet, I would recommend giving V14 SP3 a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.