Calling using Outlook contacts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pcarter, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcarter

Hello there,

I'm new to using the 3CX phone system, but out company has decided that I'm going to be the new PBX guy and this happens to be a new area for me, though I intend on learning every aspect of this system and will be attending the Feb 3CX training event in Virginia as well.

After a co-worker quit I was throw this post-install and now our client is asking how to make calls using Outlook. I've been researching all the forums and documentation, but still no luck. As of now I have clients with the assistant configured, Outlook add-on enabled, and CRM settings set to use the Outlook plug-in. Assistant Plug-in Status is working fine as well.

Now this is where I'm at a dead end and I apologize in advance if this turns out to be something simple, but I'm honestly stumped as to how to make an Outlook contact call using the assistant.

Any help is VERY greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Paul

2. meppy

With the plugin installed and the Assistant connected and working (can you dial from the Assistant directly?), you can dial from a contact by right clicking on the contact and selecting Call Contact with 3CX then select the number (home, business, mobile, etc).

You can also highlight a number in your browser and hit F11 to dial that number too.

3. meppy

You can also use the standard Call menu option in Outlook but you need the dialling rules configured properly. You may also need to do this if the Call menu is not working:

1. Add the following key to the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Call Integration
    2. Add a dword-value: TAPIOVERRIDE and set it to 1
    3. Restart Outlook.

4. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

We discovered the same thing. My customer ended up contacting Microsoft and got the same solution (as follows):

You need to run the following registry file

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Call Integration]
    "TAPIOVERRIDE"=dword:00000001“

If you are running a 64 bit version of office you need to run the following registry file

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Call Integration]
    "TAPIOVERRIDE"=dword:00000001

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.