• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calling via LocalPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnelleEdje

Reaction score
Hi,

My 3CX PBX is registered to a few providers, LocalPhone is one of them.
Registering is no problem. Receiving a call from this LocalPhone account works okay.
When I make a call and try to route this to LocalPhone, it will not work. In the Server Activity Log it says:
14:38:50.138 [CM503003]: Call(27): Call to sip:0031*********@localphone.com:5060 has failed; Cause: 403 Fake FROM - use From=id next time; from IP:94.75.247.45:5060.
(The IP 94.... is not mine, don't know where that comes from.)

Anyway, the call is not made and it will pass on to the next entry in de outbound rule set (to Xeloq) which will process the call correctly.

I could make calls with this LocalPhone account using the VIOP part of my Draytec router, so the problem is in the combination 3CX and LocalPhone.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanx in advance!

Regards,
Edwin.

If you don't know how to interpret LocalPhone responses then you can ask them how to do it.
Most probably, you are trying to "spoof" the CallerID but it is not allowed by LocalPhone.

Thanks for the reply.
Have not yet asked LocalPone about this, I will.
I am not aware that I am spoofing anything. Just checked my IP-config and I could not find anything suspicious.
Regards,
Edwin.

Just found out that IP address 94.75.249 is a LocalPhone address.
The logfiles says "use From=id next time", so LocalPhone seems to expect some other information in the "From" field of the SIP header.
In the Outbound parameters screen of the VOIP provider (in 3CX), i see three different type of "From" fields in SIP (From: Display Name, From: User Part and From: Host part). Is it possible I have to change one (or more) of these or is this absolutely a no go area?

Okay, problem solved.

The answer from LocalPhone support was: "The from has to be [email protected]"

So I tried to adjust the different FROM fields in the outbound parameters of the VOIP connection in 3CX one at the time. To no avail.

Than I deleted the connection to LocalPhone and created it again using the Xeloq parameters in the wizzard. I changed the Server and Proxy fields to LocalPhone and it all worked as expected.
I think I created the LocalPhone connection using the 3starsnet parameters the first time (and adjusting the server parameters afterwards of course).

Regards,
Edwin.

Hi Edwin,

thanks for the update.
Technically, the necessary change was to set value of the "From: User part" to "AuthID" value. For generic Voip provider it is set to "OutboundCallerID", what is not compatible with LocalPhone provider.

Best Regards

Hi Stepan,

Just checked that with my current setup and you are right indeed.
My lessons learned for today. Thanks.

Regards,
Edwin.

glad I found this. helped me today. thanks.
although it seems you can only set 1 outbound caller id for the service on the website - or hide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.