Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Calling web services from a queue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asmith3006, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmith3006

Hello,

I'm looking at migrating to a 3CX setup, but we have some very tight integration requirements which I can't find answers to in the documentation so I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if this is possible

Requirement 1:
    Our scenario is that:
    • Customer calls us
    • A webservice is called by the PBX to register the call in our DB and gives the DB the unique call identifier
    • the user is given 3 choices (1,2,3)
    • The user selects an option
    • a web service is called to tell the DB which option the caller has selected
    • the call is queued to one of three queues
    • When the agent's phone starts ringing a web service is called
    • when the agent answers the phone a web service is called
    • when the call ends (at any stage in this process) a web service is called

At each stage of this we need the web service calls to provide the same unique identifier for the lifetime of the call.

Requirement 2:
    Integration with some sort of automated order processor. We currently allow orders to be placed without talking to an agent. Soemthing like Plivo hosted on site would be perfect. Is it possible to connect these two systems?

Is this possible with 3CX?

Thanks for reading.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Possibly -

Do a blog search for "API". There will be a number of articles so you may have to read thru a bit. You might also look at the Voice Application Designer piece.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are needing to inegrate with an API, what web application is this some type of CRM? As far as being giving3 options its that can be done with the digital recepsionist. (auto attenant)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. asmith3006

So far I have only found functions for controlling the PBX rather than getting events pushed out of the PBX
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cx-http-api/

Is there another API I've overlooked?

Thanks for pointing towards the digital receptionist. I don't think this is quite as advanced as i would like as I'd like to set the call priority on incoming calls based on a call to my DB, but I can't see anything about external interfaces during the queue.

Does anyone know anything about doing a Plivo integration?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.