CallManager 4.0 to 3CX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adhodgson, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adhodgson

Hi guys,

We are a company of around 200 users, with a CallManager 4.0 installation which is spread over several servers. This system is nearing 6 years old now, and is apparently ending the support lifecycle.

We have also had some issues with the voice mail system, and one thing we did this year was migrate to Exchange 2007, and we wanted to enable the UM features, but we cannot do this with the current system.

We investigated upgrading to the latest builds of CallManager, but this caused an upgrade avalanch, with our analog gateways requiring upgrading, completely new servers, etc. Total cost was over £40,000. Before we do spend the money on the upgrade, I am looking to see whether other systems may fit our needs better?

Looking into the 3CX system, it seems to do most of what we are doing already on CallManager. The only thing we are using on CallManager which I can't see any reference to on 3CX is the extension mobility feature. This is where a user can log in and out of a phone, based on a user ID and pin number. Although 3CX does have the username/pin number, it seems more that this is built into the phone configuration, which causes the phone to be fixed to that extension.

Leaving aside the use of softphones, is this something that 3CX can do currently?

Thanks.
    Andrew.

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    yes you're right
    and it's nice idea
    I post it in feature request on 2 aug 2008

http://www.3cx.com/forums/login-6672.html

I hope your post support this feature
    and please vote for it

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

This is something we are looking into to and likely to make it into future versions of 3CX Phone System

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.